- Manage and supervise the execution of external audit engagements of various customers, with a focus on Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registrants, in accordance with relevant regulatory and professional auditing and assurance standards
- Maintain an open line of communication with the engagement team and customers, keeping them apprised of the status of ongoing engagements, any customer concerns, and the performance of the team members for whom you work with
- Further develop existing project management skills, including management of multiple priorities, active communication with peers and colleagues, etc.
- Responsible for budget management and resolution of billing or fee issues
- Anticipate and address customer concerns and problems as they arise by communicating with the engagement partner
- Identify service opportunities with existing customers and actively work with the engagement partner through the sales process
- Actively mentor multiple Members
- Actively participate in Firm administration as appropriate (e.g. focus groups, dept initiatives, scheduling, etc.)
- Contribute to the ongoing development/enhancement of Audit department policies and procedures
- Participate in external and internal presentations and training
- At least 8-10 years of prior attestation experience in public accounting, with SEC experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with a Master’s in Business, concentration in Accounting preferred
- CPA license
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation skills
- Excellent written, spoken, and presentation skills
- Proficient with respect to technical accounting and an ability to independently research audit issues
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills
MFA Success Criteria
In addition to the above qualifications, in order to be successful at MFA, you must demonstrate that you:
- Are innovative, resilient and resourceful
- Crave freedom, responsibility and opportunities to lead
- Are a strategic thinker
- Enjoy solving hard problems – and asking big questions to lead you there
- Thrive on the unknown, the unfamiliar, and the unexpected
- Are uniquely curious in the face of ambiguity or change
- Are a lifetime learner and strive to be at the top of your game
- Are motivated by having a measurable impact on individuals, the Firm, our customers and our community
If these qualities resonate with you and your future goals, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Location: Tewksbury, Massachusetts or Montreal, QC
- Hours: Full Time (FT) or Part Time (PT). For additional detail regarding hours, please inquire within.
The MFA Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all our members.